The Symposium Committee plans and produces an annual training event for the community members of Santa Clara County.
Meetings are open to the public and are generally held on the 2nd Monday. Please check the online CAPC calendar to confirm the date, time, and location of the next meeting.
Agendas and Minutes:
Symposium Committee Agendas and Minutes are posted online for public access at the County of Santa Clara's Boards and Commissions website.
Structure and Procedures:
The Chair of this Committee is Chairperson James Gibbons-Shapiro. Responsibilities of the Committee include:
Plan and execute the annual Child Abuse Prevention Council Symposium.
- Secure a venue and arrange catering.
- Determine the program for the event.
- Publicize the event and register attendees.
The Committee must submit a budget at the end of the fiscal year for the following year as do all other committees. Money raised through a symposium belongs to the Council, not the committee. The Council approves the budget of the Council, of which the Symposium Committee's budget is a piece.
- Santa Clara County Child Death Review Team (CDRT) Annual Report
- Cost of Child Abuse in Santa Clara County Infographic
- It's Child Abuse, Not Immigration Policy: A statement by the Greater Bay Area Child Abuse Prevention Councils Coalition
- Reporting Child Abuse
- Mandated Reporter Resources
- Calendar and Meeting Schedule
- Link to SCC Boards and Commissions Page (Find commission schedules, past meeting agendas and minutes here)
- Greater Bay Area - Child Abuse Prevention Council Coalition
- Application for Community Advisory Membership
- Application for Voting Membership/ Commission Appointment
- Child Abuse Prevention Council Fact Sheet
- April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month