The Child Abuse Prevention Council of Santa Clara County is a Commission of the Board of Supervisors created to coordinate the community's efforts to prevent and respond to child abuse and neglect. 23 appointed Commissioners join Community Advisory Members and other community stakeholders to:
- Provide a forum for interagency cooperation and coordination
- Promote public awareness
- Encourage and facilitate the training of professionals
- Recommend improvements in services to families and victims
- Facilitate funding for local child abuse prevention programs
Mission Statement: To prevent and respond to all forms of child abuse and neglect through community partnerships, education, collaboration and advocacy.
Child Abuse Prevention Council Meetings
Meetings are held monthly on the 2nd Friday of the month at 7:30 A.M. in the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisor's Chambers, 70 W. Hedding Street, San Jose. The Council does not meet in August or December. Meetings are free and open to the public. Meeting dates, times and locations are subject to change. Please check the online CAPC calendar to confirm the details of the meeting you would like to attend.
Child Abuse Prevention Council Meeting Minutes
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, those requiring accommodation for this meeting should notify the Clerk of the Board’s Office 24 hours prior to the meeting at (408) 299-5001, TDD (408) 993-8272.
Getting Involved with the Council
Council Members have significant knowledge and experience in areas related to child abuse prevention, intervention and treatment. They volunteer their time to improve the County's response to child abuse and neglect. The work of the Council is done in committees and in public meetings. Click here to learn more about how you can get involved with the Council.
FY 2019 - 2020 Council Workplan and Budget
Child Abuse Prevention Council Committees
More Council Information
Send comments and questions to [email protected].
Child Abuse Prevention Council of Santa Clara County
70 West Hedding Street, 10th Floor
San Jose, CA 95112
- Santa Clara County Child Death Review Team (CDRT) Annual Report
- Cost of Child Abuse in Santa Clara County Infographic
- It's Child Abuse, Not Immigration Policy: A statement by the Greater Bay Area Child Abuse Prevention Councils Coalition
- Reporting Child Abuse
- Mandated Reporter Resources
- Calendar and Meeting Schedule
- Link to SCC Boards and Commissions Page (Find commission schedules, past meeting agendas and minutes here)
- Greater Bay Area - Child Abuse Prevention Council Coalition
- Application for Community Advisory Membership
- Application for Voting Membership/ Commission Appointment
- Child Abuse Prevention Council Fact Sheet
- April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month